Braised Soft Tofu Recipe
(With Soft/Silken Tofu)
To make gravy:
- 1 pack of AFC Soft Tofu (Choose from 3 different sizes: 14oz. Organic, 19oz. & 14oz.) cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 3-4 clove garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 5-6 black mushroom - cut into 4 each (immersed in water 1 hour before cooking)
- 1/2 cup carrot - sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup green onion (scallion) - chopped
To thicken gravy:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch in 4 tbsp water
- Heat up cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add garlic and saute or stir-fried until fragrant.
- Add mushroom and carrot. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients to make gravy. Stir and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the wok slowly.
- Add in tofu. Turn to medium heat and allow to braise for at least 5 minutes. Toss gently but do not stir.
- Once the tofu is cooked, remain at medium heat and pour in corn starch (if thicker gravy is desired).
- Allow a couple minutes for the gravy to thicken and toss gently.
- Dish out and garnish with chopped green onion.
- Ready to serve
4738 Valley Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90032
Phone: (323) 223-7738
Fax: (323) 223-8450