Tofu Tacos Recipe
(With Firm Tofu)
- 1 pack of AFC Firm Tofu (Choose from 3 different sizes: 14oz Organic, 19oz & 14oz) cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Corn tortillas (how ever many you like)
- Salsa (roja, verde)
- Cilantro & green onions
- Cheese for tacos (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, lemon juice, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Add tofu and mix gently covering cubes completely. Let stand 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Separately in another bowl, mix lettuce with vinegar. Place tortillas and enclose in plastic wrap.
- Slip tofu cubes onto wooden skewers.
- Set a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Lay skewers in pan and turn as needed to brown tofu on all sides, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Heat tortillas in a microwave oven until hot and steamy, approximately 30-45 seconds.
- Wrap in a towel.
- Serve with tofu and lettuce, cilantro, green onions, salsa, cheese and sour cream.
4738 Valley Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90032
Phone: (323) 223-7738
Fax: (323) 223-8450